There’s now an effective therapy for Andropause…
the male equivalent of female menopause
Most middle-aged and senior men have heard of (and/or experienced) male menopause, the male equivalent of female menopause. Also referred to as Andropause, the term refers to an androgen decline in aging males due to decreased levels in testosterone or increased levels in estrogen. Androgen is the group of hormones that influence the growth and development of the mail reproductive system.
There are several common physical and emotional symptoms attributed to the condition:
- Decreased libido
- Decreased muscle mass
- Decreased strength and stamina
- Erectile dysfunction
- Heart disease
- Sleep disorders like sleep apnea
- Depression and anxiety
What can I do to offset the symptoms of Andropause?
There are many companies today that offer off-the-shelf testosterone supplements for Andropause. We’ve all seen them frequently advertised on TV, radio, print media, the internet and even outdoor billboards. However, many of these products are mass-produced and one-size-fits-all, which do not address a patient’s individual needs. That’s why more and more men are turning to pharmacy custom compounded bio-identical testosterone for their male hormone replacement needs.
What are the benefits of pharmacy custom compounded bio-identical testosterone?
Studies show that hormone replacement therapy (HRT) can help men live more youthful and energetic lives and slow down the inevitable signs of aging – just as it does with women. As opposed to the cookie cutter, off-the-shelf options offered by many companies (as mentioned above), pharmacy custom compounding services help patients and prescribers choose the right products and formulations for optimum treatment outcomes.
Derived from plant sources (i.e. soy and yams), compounded hormones are designed to be completely identical to hormones produced naturally by the human body. These biodentical hormones are then formulated into a custom dose according to the prescription you receive from your hormone health specialist. As a result, custom-compounded hormones offer several advantages, such as:
- Allergy-free formulations. Compounded on an individual basis, these meds can be formulated to exclude any ingredients to which you may have an allergy.
- Personalized dosages. Being that compounded hormone meds are created in personalized dosages, your specific dose can be fine-tuned to ensure you receive the exact treatment that most effectively supplements your hormone levels.
- A variety of choices of dosage forms. With a healthcare provider’s prescription, a compounding pharmacist can prepare hormones not only in a variety of strengths, but also different dosage forms and methods, including capsules; topical creams, gels and foams; suppositories; and sublingual drops or troches.
Make 24 Wellness RX Pharmacy a part of your male hormone care team
Your 24 Wellness RX Pharmacy compounding pharmacist is a valuable member of your hormone replacement care team, working with you and your healthcare provider to formulate the best treatment for your individual needs. You can count on our pharmacist to stay with you, monitoring your treatment and helping you make any necessary adjustments.
Give us a call today…we’re eager to build a personalized-care relationship with you!