The natural source for unlimited health benefits
There’s a natural health product that’s taking the world by storm – and for good reason! Sourced from plant, animal and microbial sources, Nutraceuticals are proven to offer an endless array of key health benefits, including:
- Delaying the aging process and increasing life expectancy
- Improving overall wellbeing
- Preventing chronic and even life threatening diseases
- Boosting energy
- Improving mental clarity
- Relieving anxiety
- Reducing the risk of eye disease
- Supporting and regulating bodily functions
Recent studies also reveal promising results for the effectiveness of herbal nutraceuticals on disorders associated with oxidative stress, including allergies, Alzheimer’s, cardiovascular illness, cancer, diabetes, inflammatory diseases, Parkinson’s, and obesity.
How do nutraceuticals help delay the aging process?
As a food or food component that provides medical and health benefits — including treatment and prevention of disease — nutraceuticals are pharmaceutically blended products that are designed to improve physical health and fight against day-to-day medical challenges in order to increase longevity. Nutraceuticals play a vital role in maintaining a healthy body, providing necessary supplements required for a variety of metabolic processes to regulate body functions, thereby protectingthe body from disease. Nutraceuticals do much more than just supplement the diet: They help with disease prevention and treatment, subsequently helping delay the aging process.
What are the forms of nutraceuticals?
Rich in vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and anti-oxidants, nutraceuticals include whole foods, food additives, herbs, phytonutrients, probiotics, vitamins, minerals and herbal products. There are several products that are classified as nutraceuticals such as amino acids, vitamin D supplements, key herbal extracts and more. Some of the commonly used nutraceuticals include:
- Green tea. Known as one of the most powerful and popular extracts in the world, green tea acts as an antioxidant that contains vitamins and nutrients that slow down the aging process and protects the skin from stress and environmental damage. Green tea is also used to enhance the ability of the body to burn fat.
- Vitamin B12. A water-soluble vitamin that naturally occurs in foods such as beef, tuna and dairy products, Vitamin B12 is a popular dietary supplement used to maintain healthy nerves, aid in the production of DNA and red blood cells and increase energy levels.
- An amino sugar that plays a significant role in building cartilage in the body, many people take a glucosamine supplement to treat arthritis and joint pain. It’s also a popular supplement for pets for the same reasons.
- Fennel. A flavorful herb, fennel is known to possess powerful health benefits due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Loaded with vitamins and minerals, fennel acts as a natural appetite suppressant when taken as a dietary supplement.
- Ginseng. Historically used to purify and nourish the skin, Ginseng is also known to balance the gastrointestinal tract, regulate appetite, increase circulation, decrease stress and stabilize blood sugar. It also acts as a natural energizer.
Nutraceuticals at 24 Wellness RX
At 24 Wellness RX, we offer a wide variety of nutraceuticals and nutritional supplements. Call us today and let us help you determine what’s best for your unique needs. We look forward to helping your journey into wellness!