Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
A natural hormone solution designed specifically for your body
As most women in perimenopause or menopause know, when hormones drop or become unbalanced it can have a big impact on your health and wellbeing. Hormones coordinate everything from digestion and growth to your appetite, immune function, mood and libido. Thankfully, there’s a natural and proven therapy called Biodentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) that helps to restore balance and help you feel like yourself again.
What exactly is BHRT?
Biodentical hormones are manmade hormones derived from plant estrogens that are chemically identical to those that the human body produces. Progesterone, estrogen and testosterone are most commonly replicated and used in treatment. Biodentical hormones come in different forms, including pills, patches, creams, injections and gels.
While BHRT is most often prescribed to ease the symptoms of menopause, it can also be used to treat a wide range of conditions that women of all ages may experience, including:
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Post-partum depression
- Weight gain
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Sleep disturbances
- Night sweats
- Decreased libido
- Painful sexual intercourse
What are compounded biodentical hormones?
Often considered as being safer and more effective than synthentic hormones, compounded biodentical hormones are custom made by a pharmacy according to a doctor’s orders. The compounding process involves ingredients being combined to meet the unique needs of an individual.
Derived from plant sources (i.e. soy and yams), compounded hormones are designed to be completely identical to hormones produced naturally by the human body. These biodentical hormones are then formulated into a custom dose according to the prescription you receive from your hormone health specialist. As a result, custom-compounded hormones offer several benefits, including:
- Allergy-free formulations. Compounded on an individual basis, these meds can be formulated to exclude any ingredients to which you may have an allergy.
- Personalized dosages. Being that compounded hormone meds are created in personalized dosages, your specific dose can be fine-tuned to ensure you receive the exact treatment that most effectively supplements your hormone levels.
- A variety of choices of dosage forms. With a healthcare provider’s prescription, a compounding pharmacist can prepare hormones not only in a variety of strengths, but also different dosage forms, including capsules; topical or vaginal creams, gels and foams; suppositories; and sublingual drops or troches.
Contact 24 Wellness RX Pharmacy
Enjoy the benefits of customized, compounded BHRT.
Talk to our pharmacist today and feel like yourself again!